Welcome to Beanstalk class page!
Our school value this half term is 'honesty', and our topic is 'All creatures great and small'.
Some of the delights in stall this term ...
- Supporting the children's developing characterisitcs of effective learning e.g. confidence, self confidence, persistence, imagination, problem solving, working together, concentrating
- Designing and making our own maps around a farm, inspired by the story 'What the ladybird heard'
- Making 3-d model bugs for the whole school art exhibition 'Crowds'. Children to thinking about design, and resources. Reviewing their finished product. Asking themselvers - Am I happy with it? How could I improve it?
- Painting pictures linked to our topic and own interests.
- Creating pictures on the computer using the painting programme 'Colour Magic'
- Programming the 'bee bots' (programmable floor robots) to follow a path to find farm yard animals
- Sharing animal stories
- Practicing for sports day!
- Consolidating and learning phonics
- Learning to read and write our high frequency words/tricky words
- Continuing on our quest to learn to read
- Asking and answering questions about the books we are reading, to check we understand what we have read and making predictions about what might happen next.
- Thinking about our own feelings and the feelings of others
- Being a good talk partner - speaking, listening and understanding
- Story telling - both of stories by other people and our own
- Learning song, words and actions for our end of term play 'Billie No Buzz'
- P4C (Philosophy for Children) enquiries where we can explore what honesty means to us
- Celebrating all of the different languages the children and families in our class community speak
- Writing in our special books
- Using everyday languge to talk about time, shape, number and counting
- Saying what number is one more/one less than...
- Comparing different lengths, weights and capacities
- Moving and responding to music
- Listening to music and using percussion instruments to keep a steady beat
- P.E. sessions
- Welly walks - exploring the world around us
- Farmer Gows trip!
- Visit to our new year 1 classes
- Responding to the interests and needs of the children
Communication: we are usually available for a quick chat either at the start or end of the day (except Wednesdays as this is staff meeting day). Should you need to contact us out of school hours our email addresses are email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can spare any time to come and volunteer in Beanstalk class please let us know.
We look forward to working with you and your wonderful children again this term.
Sarah & Mej