We are starting our final term in Year 1 and it is just wonderful to see what confident, happy and mature learners Beech Class are becoming. As the sun (hopefully!) comes out more over the next 7 weeks, please remember to bring in a labelled hat, drink bottle and sun cream (if you wish) for your child.
Our learning for Term 6 continues our theme of AMAZING ANIMALS. Be prepared to hear lots about unusual creatures, interesting habitats and wildlife presenters!
Our learning in Beech Class will include:
- writing stories with familiar settings and poems in English
- thinking about our school value of honesty in our P4C (Philosophy for Children) sessions
- calculating and using number facts in Maths
- starting to apply our Scientific investigation skills
- devloping our Gym and Sports Day skills in P.E. (Monday and Wednesday)
- considering why David Attenborough is an important figure in History
- finding out about habitats for humans and animals in Geography
- creating moving animations in Computing
- looking at the artist Alan Hunt and making prints in Art
- thinking about religious symbols in R.E.
- designing and creating animal pom-poms in Design and Technology.
Our value this term is honesty. Please remember to check the school newsletters and noticeboards outside the classrooms for reminders or extra copies of letters.